Winter chub - Luxembourg fishing

Winter chub fishing - middle Sûre river

I had little time to devote to fishing that weekend, so I had to choose a fishing spot wisely. The season is closed for most species of fish in Luxembourg and the only real option for lure fishing was to look out for chub or perch. Given that perch has recently all but disappeared from the middle sections of the Sure river, I knew that if I caught anything, it would have to be a chub.

The weather on the 1st of February 2014 was horrible: 2°C and rain with wind blowing from the East. The river, however, was still relatively clear (it hadn’t been raining hard for a week or more). That gave me a time slot of 4-5 hours before the water would get murky again. Choosing a right spot is crucial: chub optimises energy and avoids rapids, especially in the winter. No point looking for it in the middle section of the river bed. You need to stick to the river banks, especially in places where soil erosion resulted in the formation of shallow bays. That's where the chub is most likely to stay: on the borderline between the main current and the sheltered water of the bay. Suitable bank formations can be found in some parts of the river Sure, where the water cuts through muddy fields, with scarce vegetation and a few riverside trees.

Chub may be very aggressive in the summer period, when it attacks bait like a pike, occasionally even chasing it for 2 or 3 meters. But in the colder months, the lure should be retrieved slowly and calmly, with frequent stops along the way. For this type of fishing, I prefer floating plugs of 4-7 cm. I often use hand-made plugs from Poland and on this day, I had prepared two of those: a white plug with dark stripes, minnow type and a chunkier one, with aggressive action and natural bluish colours. I cast the lure a little bit above the presumed location of the fish, let it float down the river and then start a slow retrieve against the current, parallel to the bank. Make sure you move silently and don't approach the water too rapidly, so as not to scare the fish away. As expected, the fish snatched the lure close to the bank, in an area with calm or even inexistent current. I actually caught 2 chubs of a very decent size that day: 54 and 57cm. They fought well (for a chub and for this time of year), which means that they were in a good condition. Perhaps the warm winter and frequent rains provide more food and require less energy expenditure?

Ps. On the same day, I had a short fight with a heavy, strong fish which stubbornly stuck to the bottom without letting me see it. Eventually, it spat out the lure. I suppose that might have been a large barbel (they occasionally go after deeper diving plugs) or a carp caught by chance, perhaps by the dorsal fin.

Comments

1. On Wednesday 18 February 2015, 17:10 by Iola

These are just a few of the strongest and most effective homemade hair coloring ideas.
You will see a significant difference in your hair just from selecting the correct natural products and getting basic trims.
There are hair coloring products out there that are truly all natural, safe and non-toxic.

2. On Friday 20 February 2015, 14:02 by nuskin

But what makes Vi - Salus so different is the use
of what is know as a capture page branding both the rep and the company at the same time.
As way as their items go, they marketplace numerous science
based mostly nutraceuticals that are created to
assist in your total wellness and properly becoming. The program is based on nutrition that helps you burn fat
and keep lean muscle, boosts your metabolism and helps control hunger.

3. On Thursday 2 July 2015, 03:15 by asea

Most protein shakes are loaded with sugar, fat, and other ingredients that aren't even necessary for the body.
As way as their items go, they marketplace numerous science based mostly nutraceuticals that are created
to assist in your total wellness and properly becoming. You must
know what to choose in obtaining your goals.

4. On Monday 2 November 2015, 22:00 by netflix account

The software has extreme potential of recovering OLM file emails and facilitates users to save recovered OLM data in EML data format.

5. On Wednesday 11 November 2015, 22:47 by Corey

Además en ActualApp podrás encontrar las pionerfos reviews de juegos y aplicaciones para tu teléfono.

6. On Thursday 12 November 2015, 00:45 by horny women

It is perfect time to make some plans for the longer term and it's
time to be happy. I've read this publish and if I may I wish
to counsel you some fascinating things or tips. Maybe you could write subsequent articles relating to this article.
I wish to learn even more things approximately it!

7. On Friday 13 November 2015, 05:13 by internet provider comparison in my area

The move through the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission highlights growing concerns among policy makers
around the implications of the rapid shift of Internet traffic
from wired, personal computer connections to high-speed wireless networks that serve
popular devices like the i - Phone plus the Black - Berry.
Any site that becomes popular enough has to pay for a CDN to handle its content using a network of servers around the united
states (and the world) so which the material is in close proximity to the people that
want to get into it.

8. On Sunday 15 November 2015, 16:53 by hermes outlet online

Wow, this post is fastidious, my younger sister is analyzing these things, thus I am
going to let know her.

9. On Sunday 22 November 2015, 00:53 by large dog breeds

Some co-ops sell raw "green" tripe from local suppliers.

10. On Saturday 28 November 2015, 05:49 by yahoo.com Mail

You can also deny certain programs from installing as you go
along. You can do this by creating a user ID and password on the Yahoo homepage.

11. On Saturday 28 November 2015, 06:13 by growtopia hack download

Simply used on-line generator and it took me few seconds to get GEMS and Furthrr too my growtopia account.

12. On Tuesday 1 December 2015, 10:39 by hcg weight loss Maryland

This diet requires a series of injections, once a day for roughly a.

They are to shoulder their responsibilities towards themselves.
We've heard over and over that eating healthy food and exercising several days a week is
the best long-term plan for physical fitness.
The Welcomed Solution to Many - The Paleo Diet
is a nutrition program inspired by the natural foods eaten by the hunter gatherer
tribes that lived in the Paleolithic era. Tons of HCG diet recipes revolve around the approved
list of vegetables (red radishes, celery, spinach, asparagus, cucumbers,
and many more).

13. On Thursday 3 December 2015, 12:25 by outlook email login

Click Other, pick a server type-IMAP, POP, or Exchange-and enter your account information.

14. On Thursday 10 December 2015, 14:03 by affiliate marketing programs list

No wonder internet online affiliate marketing concepts iis tthe number one money making
opportunity online.

15. On Friday 18 December 2015, 18:12 by Nathaniel

Once the stored fat reserves are burned, the calorie consumption must increase
in order for the individual to survive - one cannot survive on a 500 calorie per
day diet. Some people even reported that their skin now take over a glow
and feel taut as a result of the diet plan together with h - CG hormone.
In another study, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, Weight
Watchers dieters lost an average of eleven pounds over two years.
There are three different types of fat found in the body.
A person must only follow a 1000-calorie diet menu plan for short duration and under strict supervision as nob healthy person can sustain and follow this diet plan for long time.

16. On Friday 18 December 2015, 23:06 by Yvette

You can also invest annotations about other video clips of
yours that individuals would like if they liked the video
clip they just viewed.

17. On Friday 25 December 2015, 10:28 by Oriental model

Excellent post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit
further. Bless you!

18. On Sunday 27 December 2015, 15:40 by inspirarte.es

Appreciation to my father who shared woth
me concerning this web site, this web site is trul amazing.

19. On Monday 28 December 2015, 01:38 by youtube marketing software

One other crucial thing we'd do would be to build social directly into the
videos you post (see many samples of this regarding popular stations, they consist of closing the
video with an ask, doing special video clips to engage existing audience/commentators, and so on and so forth).

20. On Monday 28 December 2015, 07:35 by Bay St Louis Realty

It's hard to find educated people for this subject, however, you sound like you know what you're talking
about! Thanks

21. On Wednesday 30 December 2015, 20:13 by Dollie

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thank you, However I am going through issues
with your RSS. I don't understand the reason why I can't subscribe to it.
Is there anyone else having similar RSS problems?
Anybody who knows the solution will you kindly respond?
Thanx!!

22. On Saturday 7 May 2016, 14:01 by saúde e qualidade de vida no serviço público inss 2016

Saúde

23. On Saturday 7 May 2016, 23:36 by saúde caixa prestador

Saúde

24. On Monday 9 May 2016, 07:46 by moz.com

All of these charges carry long prison sentences, which makes finding a great lawyer crucial.
People with records, regardless of the crime, can't compete
with candidates with clean records. This method involves tracing and recording
user keystrokes through hardware or a software program.
Please note, in Florida, it takes approximately 6-7
months for a Court to expunge your record.
But, it is important you check the reputation and record of the attorney before hiring.

25. On Thursday 12 May 2016, 17:20 by leopard vs baboon

It's amazing in favor of me to have a web page, which is valuable designed for
my know-how. thanks admin

26. On Tuesday 17 May 2016, 01:55 by eletricista predial senai

Solução - projeto da tubulação elétrica tem que
ser feita através de um eletricista e mesmo precisa acompanhar em direção a instalação
dos dutos que são feitas pelos pedreiros.

27. On Wednesday 6 July 2016, 21:44 by hamster hairy

I was curious if you ever thought of changing the layout of your website?
Itss very well written; I love what youve gott to say. But maybe you could
a little more in the way of content so people could connect
with it better. Youe got aan awful lot of text for only having 1 or two
pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?